The Evidence Press, Inc. board members accept the six-day (twenty-four hour days) biblical creation as described in Genesis chapters 1-11. We use the historical-grammatical method for interpreting the Bible, striving to discover each biblical author’s original intended meaning. We believe that the literary style for first 11 chapters of Genesis is history as well as the rest of Genesis. In addition to the six-day creation, we observe that the Genesis account provides overwhelming clarity for the global Flood, the tower of Babel and the diffusion of languages as described in Genesis.
1. The verbal-plenary inspiration of the Bible; consisting of the thirty-nine books of the Old Testament, and twenty-seven books of the New Testament. Inerrant in the original writings, infallible, God-breathed, divinely preserved for mankind down through the centuries, and the final authority for faith and life.
(II Timothy 316, 17; II Peter 1:20, 21; Matthew 5:18; John 16:12, 13)
2. The triune Godhead existing in one eternal, omnipotent, personal God, manifested in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. They are co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and have the same attributes and perfections.
(Genesis 1:26; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 3:16,17; 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14)
3. The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that he might reveal God and redeem sinful men. (John 1:1, 2,14, 18; Luke 1:35)
4. The Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice for the sin of the world, and, that our justification is made shorter by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead.
(Romans 3:24, 25; 4:25; Ephesians 1:7; I Peter 2:24)
5. The Lord Jesus Christ ascended to heaven, is exalted at the right hand of the father, where as our Hi Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Mediator, Intercessor, and Advocate.
(Acts 1:9, 10; Hebrews 7:25; 9:24; I John 2:1, 2)
6. Lord Jesus Christ will someday return for His Bride. He will personally, and bodily return to the earth to judge and to establish His millennial reign. This is known as the Second Coming. There will be eternal rewards for believers and the lake of fire, the second death for unbelievers. (John 14:3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Zechariah 14:4, 9; Revelation 20)
7. The literal existence of Adam and Eve as direct creations of God on the sixth day, they being the progenitors of all people, the literal sin and fall of Adam as the federal head of the human race, and the resultant divine curse on the creation. Personal salvation from the eternal penalty of sin, provided exclusively by the grace of God, on the basis of the atoning death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, to be received only through personal faith in Christ and redemptive work.
(Genesis 1:26, 27; 3:6, 15-24; Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-9)
If you have any questions concerning these statements of belief, or our stand on any other doctrine, please contact us using our contact page.